At an ongoing media event in Delhi, Maruti Suzuki has launched the much awaited Celerio diesel which goes on to become the country’s most fuel efficient passenger car. The biggest PoI (point of interest) is that newly developed tiny little 793cc 2 cylinder diesel engine which is Suzuki’s first diesel motor for the world.
Celerio Diesel Engine & Fuel Efficiency
The 0.8 liter 4 valves per cylinder motor is also country’s smallest diesel engine on a passenger car and churns out 47.6 PS of maximum power at 3500 rpm and 125 Nm of peak torque at 2000 rpm. It returns an ARAI certified fuel economy of a whooping 27.62 kmpl which is higher than its elder sibling Ciaz.
Quick Key Pointers
Here are some quick pointers of Celerio Diesel from its launch…
- Maruti claims it offers a smooth driving experience.
- Offers high torque per cc
- They are promoting it as DDIS 125 (125 is its torque) and it is an all-aluminium engine
- Maruti says that the launch of Celerio last year has got them a share of 71 percent in the small hatchback segment, up from the earlier 61 percent within a year
- Together with its suppliers, the company has invested Rs 900 crores towards the development of this engine.
- DDIS 125 has more than 97 percent localization
- Looks of the car have not been altered
Celerio Diesel Variants & Prices
Maruti Suzuki is offering the car in the following four variants….
- Celerio LDI: Rs 4,65,393
- Celerio VDI: Rs 4,95415
- Celerio ZDI: Rs 5,25,442
- Celerio ZDI (Optional): Rs 5,71,484
*all prices ex-showroom Delhi
Celerio Diesel Colors
Celerio diesel is being offered in a choice of 6 color options…
- Blazing Red
- Pearl Arctic White
- Silky Silver
- Glistening Grey
- Cerculean Blue
- Sunshine Ray
The success of this car will define the future coarse for Maruti Suzuki and their upcoming indigenous diesel engines.