With the rising input costs, almost every car manufacturer is increasing the prices of their cars. We recently brought you the story of Audi hiking its prices by upto 3.69 Lakh.
Today we have an official confirmation from the stable of Mercedes Benz India that they shall be hiking their prices too in the new year and the increased prices shall take effect from 14-January 2013. This means you still have some time to buy your Mercedes before the prices are increased.
The price increase will be in the range of 1-3% (as compared to upto 5 percent of Audi) and this increase shall cover most of the cars present in their stable. Speaking on the increase, Mr. Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said,”Rising inputs cost, volatility of the rupee-euro, high interest rates and other associated factors have put significant pressure on us. Consequently, we are forced to share a part of this burden with our customers and we will increase prices of our vehicles to the tune of 1-3% effective 14-January, 2013”
However Mercedes Benz will be supporting various finance options for ease of their customers. Here is the breakup of price hikes on different cars:
- Sports tourer B-Class will have an increase of 1% on the price of the car.
- Their bread and butter C-Class and E-Class will have their prices increased by 1.5%
- Their flagship, S-Class will become dearer by 3%. The reason behind the S-Class facing the steepest price increase is that it is brought in India as a CBU.
- Their recently launched and quite successful M-Class SUV will also face a price increase of 3%
- Prices of their cars which include the CLS-Class, SLK-Class, R-Class and the SLS AMG shall face a price revision of 1%
Well the luxury cars are about to get dearer and Mercedes has increased the prices of their cars quite modestly as compared to its German brethren. We dearly wish that this increase in prices does not dent their sales.
Mercedes’ Upcoming Products
Also Check: Exclusive Clear Spyshots of A-Class from Pune