So, Maruti has officially launched their new premium hatchback called as Baleno in India which will sit over Swift and rival i20, Polo and Jazz. Enough has already been talked about the car and let us run you through its features, details, variants and prices.
Baleno Key Pointers:
- The car has been built on a new platform which Maruti claims is 100 kgs lighter and stronger by 10 percent when compared to the existing platforms.
- Baleno is designed on ‘Liquid Flow’ theme which, for some reason, is just about average.
- The good thing is that Baleno gets dual airbags and ABS as standard in all variants.
- Prices start at Rs 4.99 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi and are introductory.
- Baleno will be exported to a lot of countries outside India.
- In India, it will be sold through NEXA dealerships only along with the S-Cross.
- Maruti informs that, together with the suppliers, they have invested over Rs 1060 crores into the development of Baleno.
- Projector headlamps with LED DRLs
- 16 inch alloy wheels
- Segment first Apple CarPlay
- 4.2 inch color TFT screen
- Follow me/Auto headlamps
- Keyless Push start/stop
- Height Adjustable driver seat
- Boot Space of 339 Liters
Maruti is offering the car in two engine options along with a CVT gearbox.
- 1.2 Liter VVT K-Series Petrol: It produces 84 PS of peak power and 115 Nm of maximum torque at 4000 rpm. Along with a 5 speed manual transmission, you also have an option of a CVT gearbox. It comes with a rated fuel efficiency of 21.4 kmpl.
- 1.3 Liter DDIS Diesel: For some reason Maruti believes that Baleno doesn’t deserve the higher powered VGT version of this motor and the ‘premium hatchback‘ continues to churn out 75 PS of peak power at 4000 rpm and 190 Nm of max torque at 2000 rpm. Rated fuel efficiency is 27.39 kmpl.
Maruti is offering the car in seven color options…
- Autumn Orange
- Ray Blue (character color)
- Pearl Arctic White
- Granite Grey
- Fire Red
- Metallic Premium Silver
- Premium Urban Blue
Baleno Variants & Price:
Baleno is available in a total of 9 variants. Here is a list of all, including their prices…
- Baleno Sigma : Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- Baleno Delta : Rs 5.71 Lakhs
- Baleno Zeta : Rs 6.31 Lakhs
- Baleno Alpha : Rs 7.01 Lakhs
- Baleno CVT : Rs 6.76 Lakhs
- Baleno Sigma : Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- Baleno Delta : Rs 6.81 Lakhs
- Baleno Zeta : Rs 7.41 Lakhs
- Baleno Alpha : Rs 8.11 Lakhs
All prices are ex-showroom Delhi and introductory.
Maruti still believes that the corresponding diesel engine variant commands at least 1.1 Lakh premium over the respective petrol variant, however overall prices are pretty decent. Let us wait and see how far can Baleno take the company in this segment…