Back in January this year there were a couple of pics of a Nissan Evalia lookalikewhich was caught testing in Chennai. However, with only rear pics available, it was pretty difficult to ascertain whether the ‘ON TEST’ car was really Stile or not.
But we are back with conclusive pictures of the front of the car which was camouflaged and these pics reveal that Ashok Leyland is on the roads testing their Stile, which is nothing but a rebadged version of Nissan Evalia.
These pictures were sent to us by Austin, an avid MotorBash reader from Porur Chennai. Austin tells us that the front and rear did not look like as if they belonged to the same vehicle. While the front was pleasing, rear was dumb!
Ashok Leyland displayed Stile at Auto Expo 2012 in Delhi with an expected date of launch sometime towards the end of 2012. However, there has been some delays but through these conclusive and first ever pics of the car, we know that the car is out on the roads, testing.
Main Pointers of Stile Spyshots
- First up, Stile will look more basic than Evalia. The snazzy front grille goes away to provide a place to a more traditional looking grille
- Though the headlamps are tapped, but they will also go through a minor makeover.
- The air dam is smaller and Stile also carries a few changes to the front bumper
- The bonnet also goes for a minor change and will house Ashok Leyland’s logo
- Also notice the steel-rims, black colored front bumper and black colored ORVMs (outer rear view mirrors)
Stile is a more basic version of Evalia which will be sold under Ashok Leyland’s badge in India. It will be a cheaper alternate to Evalia and will definitely find preference in the commercial taxi operations. A few features will be traded off and a CNG version along with a parcel van version are also on the cards.
Interestingly, there are chances that Stile might also ditch Evalia’s 1.5L K9K engine and use Dost LCV‘s 1.5L 3 cylinder turbocharged diesel mill. In its current form on Dost, it produes 55hp and 150Nm of torque but it is gracefully expected that, if this engine is used, it will come in a higher and more refined tune.
An even more interesting story here is that along with a diesel engine, Stile will also get a Petrol+CNG option. Launch is expected to happen sometime around middle of this year.
Other Related Exclusive Scoops:
- Spotted: Revised Evalia with Rear Wiper Caught ARAI Testing
- SPIED: Ashok Leyland Dost CNG LCV Caught Testing; Coming This Year