After a little delay Maruti has officially shared the announcement of the launch of the new 2015 Dzire facelift which is now the country’s most fuel efficient car and starts at a price tag of Rs 5.07 lakhs, as we told you earlier!
Returning a mileage of 26.59 kmpl with the diesel engine, the new Dzire gets a 13 per cent increase in fuel efficiency (older Dzire diesel – 23.4 kmpl). The petrol version also gets tweaked for a 9 percent increment and returns 20.85 kmpl (older Dzire – 19.1 kmpl).
2015 Dzire Facelift Changes
The major changes on the new car include:
- New front grille with chrome
- New alloy wheels
- Electronically retractable ORVMs with integrated indicators
- Chrome inserts in fog lamps enclosure
- Black tint in head lamps console
- Redesigned bumpers
- Engine push start/stop button
Maruti says that the increase in fuel efficiency has been brought about by several innovations which include changes in engine hardware leading to improved thermal efficiency, reduced frictional losses and changes in engine calibration.
While the compact combustion chamber and higher compression ratio on gasoline engine helps to improve engine efficiency, the advanced thermal management system in diesel engine along with low friction engine oil and modified fuel injection system help diesel engine in faster warm up and lower frictional losses.
The updated Dzire continues to get the same set of engines, albeit with minor tweaks:
- Petrol: The 1,197 cc K-series VVT engine now produces 84.3 PS of power at 6,000 rpm, which is lesser than the previous Dzire’s 87PS. Torque, on the other hand, has seen a minor bump of 1 Nm and now produces 115 Nm at 4,000 rpm.
- Diesel: The 1,248 cc DDiS diesel mill produces the same 75 PS of power at 4,000 rpm and 190 Nm of torque at 2,000 rpm. Maruti continues to keep the Dzire devoid of the VGT 90 PS variant of the Fiat sourced engine.
Maruti Suzuki has introduced new colors to the palette on the new 2015 Dzire facelift.
- Alp Blue (exclusive to updated Dzire)
- Cave Black (new)
- Magma Grey (new)
- Sangria Red (new)
- Pearl Arctic White
- Silky Silver
- Prime Pacific Blue
New Dzire Facelift Prices & Variants
The Dzire facelift starts at Rs 5,07,883 for petrol and goes up to Rs 6,80,000 while the diesel starts at Rs 5,99,523 and ends at 7,81,000 (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi). Here is the complete list with variants and their prices…
- New Dzire LXi: Rs 5,07,883
- New Dzire LXi (O): Rs 5,20,147
- New Dzire VXi: Rs 5,85,000
- New Dzire ZXi: Rs 6,80,000
- New Dzire LDi: Rs 5,99,523
- New Dzire VDi: Rs 6,85,097
- New Dzire ZDi: Rs 7,81,000