Audi has launched the new R8 supersports car which will spearhead Audi India’s model lineup. Unveiled in Delhi with the upcoming bollywood movie Race 2 superstars, the red R8 looks sizzling hot.
Main Features of New Audi R8
- First up, a 0-100 dash in 3.8 seconds for R8 Spyder
- New S-Tronic transmission in place of the older R-Tronic
- Improved acceleration by 0.3 percent
- All LED lights standard on all models
New Audi R8 comes with two engine options – V8 and V10. Audi R8 with the V8 is powered by a 430 horsepower motor which produces 430Nm of ground-nerving torque. This is the slower of the lot which mumbles from naught to 100 kmph in 4.3 seconds with a top whack of 300 kmph!
The bigger violent R8 V10 Coupe delivers 525 horses and sprints to 100 kmph in a mere 3.6 seconds with a top speed of 314 kmph. The mid R8 V10 Spyder races to 100 kmph from standstill in 3.8 seconds with a top speed of 311kmph.
Audi R8 Variant Price Ex-Showroom Delhi
- R8 V8 Coupe: 1 Crore 34 Lakh and 55 thousand INR
- R8 V10 Coupe: 1 Crore 57 Lakh and 88 thousand INR
- R8 V10 Spyder: 1 Crore 73 Lakh and 55 thousand INR
Precision and dynamism finds a new definition; New Audi R8 races into India with powerful confidence
- “This high-performance sports car is now more dynamic and powerful than its predecessor. I am confident that the new Audi R8 will further consolidate our position in the super sports car segment in India,” – Mr. Michael Perschke
- New Audi R8 Spyder V10 sprints 0-100 km/h in 3.8 seconds
- S tronic replaces R tronic: acceleration improved by 0.3 percent
- All-LED headlights now standard on all models
- Priced at INR 13,455,000 onwards (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Audi the segment leader with the R8 aims to take success to new heights
Delhi, January 21, 2013: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today announced the launch of the new Audi R8 – the sporty spearhead of the Audi model lineup. This high performance super sports car which is equipped with a newly developed seven-speed S tronic is priced from INR 13,455,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) for the V8 Coupé, INR 15,788,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) for the V10 Coupé and INR 17,355,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) for the V10 Spyder. The new Audi R8 was launched by Mr. Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India.
“Our outstanding performance in 2012 established Audi as the fastest growing luxury car brand in India and this successful run will continue this year too. 2013 is a critical year for Audi in India and we will see the announcement of several initiatives on the product and network front. First month of 2013 already saw the launch of new Audi Q5 and I am confident that with the launch of this new Audi R8 we will further consolidate our leadership position in the super sports car segment in India”, said Michael Perschke, head, Audi India.
“We are presently the growth drivers of the luxury car market in India and I am confident that 2013 will be more rewarding than 2012, despite the price hike. Audi R8 is the top of the line product of quattro GmbH and embodies cutting-edge technology of a performance car. Many of its features can also be found in the Audi RS5, Audi S4, Audi TT and the soon to be launched, Audi S6 ”, he added.
Audi is the market leader in the sports car segment with Audi R8, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi RS5, Audi S4 and the Audi TT Coupe. Audi continues to be the market leader in the luxury SUV segment in India with Audi Q5 and Audi Q7 and with the introduction of Audi Q3 it has consolidated this leadership position.
The Power Packed Performer
The Audi R8 V8 delivers 316 kW (430 hp) and 430 Nm of torque between 4,500 and 6,000 rpm. In combination with the seven-speed S tronic, it accelerates the R8 Coupé from zero to 100 km/h in 4.3 seconds on its way to a top speed of 300 km/h. The Audi R8 V10 Coupé with the S tronic completes the standard sprint in 3.6 seconds and has a top speed of 314 km/h and delivers 386 kW (525 hp). The new Audi R8 V10 Spyder sprints in 3.8 seconds with a top speed of 311 km/h.
“Immense power, spontaneous response, extraordinarily free-revving and a rousing sound – the new Audi R8 with its skin-tingling sports car experience epitomizes the Audi customer today. Equipped with a powerful V8 and V10 engine, a single-frame grille with tapered corners, round tailpipes, cornering lights and a whole series of performance characteristics, this high performance sports car has some of the most eye-catching new features,” Mr. Perschke added.
A perfect combination of sporty design and luxurious style
The exterior design has been honed ever further. The restructured all-LED headlights and rear lights are standard with all models. The Singleframe grille with tapered corners at the top, the redesigned diffuser and the large, round tailpipes are the most eye-catching new features. The rear lights of all models include dynamic turn signals, a worldwide first from Audi. Produced by LEDs, the turn signal runs from the inside out in the direction in which the driver wants to turn.
Dynamic sportiness: the interior
The interior of all versions of this high-performance sports car is now even more refined. With the optional honeycomb-quilted Fine Nappa full-leather package, the seat covers and inserts in the door liners are quilted. This quilting is also available as an option for the Alcantara headlining.
Ultra lightweight construction
The Audi engineers have reduced the weight of the top model by roughly 50 kilograms. The R8 V8 with the seven-speed S tronic gearbox (without a driver) tips the scales at just 1,660 kilograms. An aluminum Audi Space Frame weighs just 210 kilograms, roughly 40 percent less than a comparable steel structure. The body of the R8 Spyder with its electrohydraulically actuated cloth top weighs 216 kilograms. The ASF body lays the foundation for the dynamic, precise and safe handling and high passive safety.
At a glance: New Audi R8
Body and design
- Lightweight, yet extremely stiff aluminum ASF body weighing just 210 kilograms in the Coupé and 216 kilograms (476.20 lb) in the Spyder, curb weight (R8 V8 with seven-speed S tronic) of just 1,660 kilograms
- R8 Spyder with lightweight, electrohydraulically activated cloth top
- Exterior design with new elements
- New all-LED headlights and dynamic turn signals in the rear standard with all models
- 4.2-liter V8 and 5.2-liter V10 with dry sump lubrication
- 316 kW (430 hp) and 386 kW (525 hp), respectively
- Better acceleration and fuel economy than predecessor model
- New seven-speed S tronic
- S tronic with larger shift paddles on steering wheel
- quattro permanent all-wheel drive with a rear-biased power distribution
- Aluminum double wishbone suspension
- Lightweight wave design brake discs; ceramic brakes optional
- 18 or 19-inch wheels, new rim designs
- Audi magnetic ride adaptive damping system (optional)
- Comprehensive standard equipment, including all-LED headlights