Land Rover has launched the new Discovery Sport in India which shares a lot of its looks (and the platform) with the Evoque and needless to say it looks gorgeous then!
Key Features & Pointers:
- New Discovery Sport will replace the Freelander in India
- It becomes a worthy 5+2 seater option – the only one in the segment.
- It gets interesting features like 17 speakers, 825 watt Meridian Surround System, Terrain Response, Park Assist etc
- It has an approach angle of 25 degree, departure angle of 31 degree and break-over angle of 21 degree.
- Discovery Sport has a water wading capability of 600 mm.
Dicovery Sport is propelled by the 2.2 Liter 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine which is available in two power outputs – 150PS (TD4 version) and 190PS (SD4 version), mated to a 9-speed Automatic transmission.
Discovery Sport Variants & Price
Land Rover is offering the new Discover Sport in the following 4 variant options.
- Discovery Sport TD4 Diesel S: Rs 46.10 Lakh
- Discovery Sport TD4 Diesel SE : Rs 51.01 Lakh (5-Seats), Rs 52.50 Lakh (5+2 Seats)
- Discovery Sport TD4 Diesel HSE : Rs 53.54 Lakh (5-Seats), Rs 54.83 Lakh (5+2 Seats)
- Discovery Sport SD4 Diesel HSE Luxury: Rs 60.70 Lakhs (5 Seats), 62.18 Lakh (5+2 Seats)
*all prices ex-showroom in Mumbai pre-octroi
The entry S variant is only available as a 5 seater whereas the remaining variants get an optional 5+2 seating configuration.
Interestingly, you have a wide option of choosing form a range of 7 exterior color options. It gets a 3 year/100,000 km complementary standard service pack and will be manufactured locally at Land Rover’s plant in Pune.
Competition: BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Volvo XC60
New Discovery Sport Pics