It was 2014 when Tata Motors first showcased the Nexon concept – their answer to the sub 4 metre compact SUV segment! However, two year later, the Nexon has thankfully not remained as another brilliant concept but has grown to a beautiful production ready form! And make no mistake this metamorphosis has brought in several changes which will make you look forward to its launch.
The elegant yet bold and sporty exteriors follow the Impact design philosophy first seen in the Zica hatch. The aerodynamic front pillars lead to a bigger windscreen area which will give better visibility to the driver. The grille gets topped with a chrome Humanity line (like the Kite 5) which again continues to the head lamp consoles. Adding to the glam factor are projector head lamps with DRLs and LED tail lamps.
Nexon gets a rising beltline, floating roof and 16 inch alloy wheels.
Tata Nexon- Key Pointers
Key pointers about the Nexon:
- The petrol engine has been confirmed to be the 1.2 litre turbocharged unit whose output has not been specified yet.
- While an announcement was not made but we expect this to be a tuned up version of the Revotron mill seen in the Bolt and Zest.
- The diesel on the other hand is an all-new indigenously developed 1.5 litre mill producing 110 PS of power and 260 Nm of torque!
- Transmission will be a 6 speed manual gearbox.
- The ground clearance has been claimed to be a healthy 200 mm.
The interiors are plush and include a premium grand console with a 6.5 inch touchscreen infotainment system (by Harman) mated with 8 speakers. Interestingly, Tata will be bringing in numerous opportunities to customise everything, right from the upper grilles to the belt line finisher.
Everything apart from the rear fits the bill perfectly and we see one real handsome offering in the offing! Tata, now let us start talking about its launch date…