Tata has kept on display a new Safari Storme Ladakh Concept at the Auto Expo which is probably the most stunning car of the stall. It is aimed at off-road adventure seekers who wish to tackle any terrain with real ease.
Tata has also talked about a new DNA for passenger vehicles which comprises of following pillars:
The Safari Storme Ladakh demonstrates the DriveNext approach which, according to Tata, offers the driver best of driving dynamics, fantastic drive feel and precise steering control. It is a fine art of balance and handling and possess a responsive powertrain.
Interesting Features of Tata Safari Storme Ladakh Concept:
- Satin white colour along with textured Rock Grey and Soft Anodized Blue
- LED Fog lamps
- Front and rear cladding
- Roof mounted cladding along with storage area
- All-Terrain tyres
- Body cladding
We were not allowed to climb up and check out its interiors, but Tata says that the interiors comprise of sporty dark space with a few accents of anodised blue that resonate Ladakh landscape.
Just looking at it, the new Ladakh Concept looks brilliant and rugged. It gets a mean looking face and innovatively placed LED fog lamps. If you look closely there is a Go-Pro camera fitted at the front to record all your thrills when you go on an expedition. The 18 inch balloon extra rugged tyres further enhance the looks of an already gorgeous looker.
It further gets the following accessories:
- Ice axe
- hiking shoes
This completes you as an expedition man and Tata further informs us that all these are coordinated with the overall theme of the car.
In terms of specifications, Storme Ladakh edition gets the same 2.2L VariCOR diesel engine capable of churning out 140PS of power output and 320Nm of torque. It is obviously a 4 wheel drive model and comes with disc brakes all around. Here is the complete spec list of Storme Ladakh Edition.
Safari Storme Ladakh Edition Specifications
- Engine 2.2L VariCOR
- Max Power 140PS @ 4000 RPM
- Max Torque 320 Nm @1700 – 2700 RPM
- Gear Box G-76 (Mark II)
- Axle 4 x 4 (Four Wheel Drive)
- Wheel Base (mm) 2650 mm
- Wheel Track (mm) Front Track: 1580 mm; Rear Track: 1550 mm
- Vehicle Dimension L – 4655 mm x W – 1965 mm x H -1922 mm
- GVW (Kg) 2650 kgs
- Kerb Weight (Kg) 2095 kgs
- Payload (Kg) 555 kgs
- Brakes Vacuum Assisted Independent Hydraulic; Ventilated Disc Brakes in Front and
- Clutch Dry Single Plate
- Tyres R18
- Steering Rack & Pinion Power Steering
- Suspension Front: Independent Double Wishbone Type with Coil Springs Over Shock
- Rear: 5-Link Suspension with Coil Springs
- Fuel Tank Capacity 55 ltrs
We have seen at least 3 awesome looking concepts of Safari Storme, however none of them has ever made it to the market for an actual buyer. We urge Tata to launch this one in the market even as a special edition to enhance the appeal Storme carries with itself.
Here is the Picture Gallery for Safari Storme Ladakh Edition
Safari Storme Ladakh Edition Pic Gallery