There is a lot happening at Tata’s house. They are resurrecting almost all the cars in the lineup, right from a 75PS Manza to Vista CR4, Safari Storme and Tata Aria base variant.
Meanwhile, in order to boost falling sales, Tata has launched a refreshed version of its entry level hatchback, Indica eV2. The car gets touched-up exteriors and a few convenience features.
Tata Indica eV2 Engine Details:
There are no changes to the engine and the car continues to be powered by the 1.4L 70PS, 140Nm CR4 diesel engine. This is the same engine that is expected to power the new Indica Vista replacing the current TDI variant (Check spy pics here).
List of all the changes and features:
- New headlamps ala Indigo eCS
- New Front Bumper
- Triple-step chrome tipped grille
- Rear Spoiler with integrated stop lamp
- Improved Gear ratios to aid driving
- Starter motor protection
- The car is lighter by 10kgs now
- Auto Drive Assist: While climbing a gradient the engine will not stall even if the foot is completely taken off the clutch, thus enabling the driver to easily shift his foot to the accelerator.
- Clutch-to-Start: Unless the clutch is engaged, the car could not be cranked. This would prevent re-cranking if the engine is already on.
- Wood-finish center console, power windows, keyless entry, bluetooth enabled music system with USB support, 4-spoke collapsible steering wheel, tachometer, Rear parcel shelf, 60:40 split rear seats, front & rear fog lamps
Indica eV2 Colors:
- Spicy Red (New)
- Sea Blue (New)
- Neo Orange
- Jet Silver
- Mint White
Indica eV2 Variants & Price:
The Indica eV2 is the cheapest diesel hatchback available in India currently. The good news is that Tata has reduced prices further by Rs 23,000 to make it more luring. The range now starts from 4.01 Lakh and goes till 4.87 Lakh ex-showroom Delhi. Here are the variants** and their prices*:
- Indica eV2 L : Rs. 401,162
- Indica eV2 LE : Rs 443,571
- Indica eV2 LS : Rs 458,331
- Indica eV2 LX : Rs 487,619
Tata Indica eV2 is warranted for 24 months or 75,000 kms (the earlier milestone is considered). You can get a brand new eV2 at a downpayment of just Rs 50,000 via Tata Motors Finance. Now this certainly is a good step from Tata to mop up sales for the fast approaching festive season.
Keep Abreast | Like us on FaceBook
New Indica eV2 Official TVC
* All prices ex-showroom Delhi
**There is a little confusion over the trims mentioned in the press release and the ones posted on Indica’s eV2 website. In the press release Tata mentions 3 trims starting from 4.01 Lakh for the base variant which is touted as LE whereas the official site lists these prices for the ‘L’ variant. We will try to get this clarified.