A VW Polo mule has been seen and photographed by a reader of Indianautosblog.com. At the first glance, you may mistake it to be the same (current) Polo since the changes are non-significant. However, upon second gaze, you will make out this is the upcoming new Polo facelift.
The 2014 Polo facelift has its public debut earmarked for the Geneva Motor Show in March of this year. This new version of the car was seen some place near the VW manufacturing facility at Pune and are the first ever pics in India.
So here are the changes, features and differences on the new Polo facelift:
- The face of the new Polo looks bellicose and business than the current Polo
- The delicate chrome on the grille has given way to more robust black slats
- The headlights are redone to include the optional LEDs
- The front bumper has a new design
- Fog lamps are new and appear to be wider
- The air dams on the front bumper are also refreshed to give the car a more masculine look.
- The rear of the also gets some attention in the way of a redesigned bumper with reflector elements on either side.
- The recess for the vehicle number plate has been redesigned and now looks much better.
The interiors do not look any different than the current model of Polo and we would be surprised if Volkswagen carries exactly the same interiors on to the new car.
Polo Facelift Engines
Now we come to the meat of the matter! According to an earlier report, new Polo facelift will get the newly developed 1.5L diesel engine which is a reworked version of the current 1.6L TDI motor from the Vento. It is expected to be available in two tunes, 90PS and 105PS.
However, there have been speculations that when Volkswagen decides to launch the new Polo in India this engine may not be ready and hence, VW may continue with the current set of 3 cylinders as well as the more powerful TSI and TDIs for now.
Polo Facelift India Launch
Volkswagen is understood to be scheduling a launch of this Polo facelift in India around the middle of this year. Some reports also predict it to be as early as the coming May.
You may check out official pics of VW Polo facelift here.
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
- [metaslider id=30103]
- Shell to be the Official Lubricant Supplier for the BMW Group from January 2015.
- Suzuki YRA Spotted With MS Badge, Possibly for the First Time
- Ford Launches Automotive Student Service Educational Training (ASSET) in Mumbai
- Datsun GO+ Launch Next Month! All Signs of Very Competitive Pricing!
- Upto 1.7 Lakh Off on Hyundai Cars in Dec; Price Rise Due in January