And finally, it comes to us naked! Mahindra’s Mini-Xylo, after being caught almost innumerable times for the past many months, but always in camouflage, is revealed without any zebra crossings hindering the UVs curves.
Team-Bhp member GTO has published clear pictures of the 7-seater mini utility vehicle which would be called as ‘Quanto’.
Important Pointers about Quanto:
- This name Quanto adheres to Mahindra’s tradition of ending its cars names with ‘O’. All its cars here end with an ‘O’. Xylo, Scorpio,Bolero, Verito.
- We have already confirmed when we sighted this Quanto earlier that it would be a 7-seater utility vehicle. The last row seats are jump seats facing each other with very tight space available to the rearmost passengers. The best we should be calling it is a 5+2 seater.
- And as a consequence there is obviously no luggage space available when fully loaded.
- Quanto gets butterfly windows
- As we had expected, length is lesser than 4 meters to avail the lesser excise duties.
- Engine is also a 1.5L Common-rail diesel.
- GTO also says, that the top-of-the-line Quanto would get ABS, Airbags, 6-spoke alloys, steering mounted audio controls, bluetooth compatibility, height-adjustable driver’s seat, reverse parking assist.
Now that everyone is predicting a shocking price which could start even from 4.5 Lacs, it remains to be seen how Mahindra distinguishes it with their largest selling Bolero. Bolero is a proper 7 seater rugged SUV which has been India’s largest seller for many months now outperforming many hatchbacks as well with monthly sales averaging 8000-10000 units.
Source: GTO from Team-Bhp