It appears Tata is showcasing all its might at the ongoing 2015 Geneva Auto Show. Apart from the Aria-based HEXA Crossover concept, as expected the company has showcased their sporty Tata Bolt concept which produces real interesting 120 horses of power.
It churns out 170Nm of maximum torque between 2000 to 3500 rpm and from the same 1.2 liter Revotron engine which does duty on our road going Bolt hatchback. The new Bolt Sport is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and comes with disc brakes on all 4 wheels.
Tata Bolt Sport Changes & Features
- Tata is using a larger turbocharger, remapped ECU along with a high-flow exhaust system which enables the 1.2 Liter motor to extract more power and torque.
- It also gets different gear ratios in the transaxle and final drive further promises enhanced responsiveness.
- The suspension system has also been tinkered with and Tata says the new Bolt Sport gets a track-tuned suspension.
- It also comes with high performance brake upgrade kit with performance brake pads!
- The suspension kit has lowered the ride height of the car for more grounded handling.
- New Bolt Sport gets 17 inch split-six-spoke wheels along with added sports kit like front bumper with air dam, rear bumper with diffuser styling, side skirts and even gets a sunroof.
- Interiors, Tata tells us, get sporty black leather with red details and contrast stitching. Apart from that it also has a refreshed dashboard, leather wrapped steering, sport pedal extensions and other enhancements.
Slowly, but Tata is coming back to the game and it is good that they received a massive beating. As a result of that, we now get an awakened giant unleashing all its might and the resultants are in front of us. Its launch details are not known yet but 120hp and 170Nm should be pure fun!