2018 Amaze launch scheduled next month…
Honda unveiled its second generation Honda Amaze (quite unexpectedly) at the 2018 Auto Expo. This new car will replace the current model, which anyway appears dated in comparison to some of its newly updated competitors. Honda dealers have started taking bookings for the car at an amount of Rs 21,000.
A story published by Autocar reveals that the new Amaze will continue to be powered by the 1.2L petrol and a 1.5L diesel engines but interesting, CVT transmission will also be on offer on both the motors (obviously, in addition to the regular manual transmission). The CVT car is also expected to sport paddle shifters.
Further, the new-gen Amaze is also expected to be feature packed with equipment like Honda’s Digipad infotainment system, steering wheel with multi function control buttons, cruise control and push button start among others.
2018 Amaze Changes
Here is a quick overview of the changes in the car…
- The front end of the car is completely redesigned and now resembles some of its elder siblings like Civic and Accord – and its a good thing!
- The boot of the car is neatly tucked in and makes the car look good. It does not look like somebody has slapped it on a hatchback as an after thought.
- The interior of the car is comprehensively revamped but continues with a black and beige color theme.
- The car features a large touchscreen which is well integrated in the center console with AC vents on top (placed high) and climate control switches at the bottom.
- The steering wheel also sports an all new design with a squarish center hub and control buttons on both the flanks.
Even though the size of the car is small, Honda’s engineers still were able to carve out decent leg and head room inside the cabin and it never feels too tight in there.
2018 Amaze Launch
Now that the bookings are open, official launch is expected to take place next month along with delivery commencement.
Honda Amaze now appears to be much more premium than its previous avatar and if priced well, it will be a formidable competitor in the market. Once launched, it will take on the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Tata Tigor, Tata Zest, upcoming new Ford Apire and Volswagen Ameo.