Here it is, Volkswagen taking the lead and launching the most powerful and costliest hatchback in India – Polo GT TSI. The car, which we have been chasing for so long, is in the market finally.
The new powerful Polo has been given the GT moniker, which in the international lands, mean a lot of sportier stuff. But, back in India, what you see here is a very regular looking Polo with the stickers and badges differentiating the GT TSI.
However, the main change is just under the bonnet – the introduction of a 1.2L, 4-cylinder TSI petrol engine which has the capability to produce 77Kw (105PS) of maximum power output at 5000 rpm. The main attraction is the 175Nm peak torque which chips in from as low as 1500 rpm and lugs around till 4100 rpm. This engine is mated to a 7-Speed Automatic DSG Gearbox. And there is no manual transmission option.
Here are the Main Pointers of Polo GT TSI
- On the exterior, there are not too many changes apart from the ‘GT’ ‘TSI’ stickers and badges all around the car.
- Polo GT TSI is rated at a very impressive fuel efficiency of 17.2kmpl
- Polo GT TSI Comes with “Estrada” alloy wheels and tyres are 185/60 15 inchers
- ‘GT’ badged chrome front grille
- Refreshed fabric upholstery
- Leather wrapped steering wheel, gearshift knob and handbrake lever handle
- Aluminum pedals for that sporty feel
- Chrome interior trims
- Automatic air conditioning with dust and pollen filter
- Two DIN music system with USB, Aux-in, Bluetooth, SD Card and 4 speakers
- Tilt and telescopic adjustable steering wheel
- Height adjustable driver’s seat
- Lane change indicator – triple flash
- Rear parking sensors
- ABS, ESP
- Two front airbags
New Polo GT TSI Color Options
Volkswagen has made the GT TSI available in the following 3 color options
- Candy White
- Deep Black
- Slash Red
Volkswagen Polo GT TSI Price:
Volkswagen has priced the Polo GT TSI at Rs 7.99 Lakh ex-showroom Delhi. These prices are higher than the now-defunct Polo 1.6 and make the Polo GT TSI the costliest hatch in India.
In comparison, Hyundai i20 Sportz AT costs Rs 7.87 Lakh ex-showroom Delhi. Suddenly the petrol heads of our country have a lot coming in for their interests. Toyota launched 90PS Etios Liva TRD Sportivo at 6.14 Lakh very recently.
Bookings of the car had already started few days back and the official sales start from today. Volkswagen has not gone out and out sporty with this Polo GT and instead they have tried to maintain an optimum of performance along with practicality of everyday car as well as fuel efficiency in mind. Their promotion of the car also reflects the same.