Nonetheless, it does make SX4 feature all over the web and print for some days, in turn helping people remember the big masculine car. So amidst all other news bits over the web, here are the first pictures of the new SX4 along with the older SX4 which will help you clear out all the differences yourself.
Here are all the changes in the new 2013 SX4 Facelift:
- Grille: From the earlier mesh grille of SX4, the new 2013 SX4 gets a more prominent grille. It has 4 chrome bars running across horizontally with a chrome outline. The top of the grille also gets a wider chrome bar which now sits at the tip of the bonnet. Also, notice the protruding Suzuki ‘S’ logo which also appears to be slightly bigger.
- Airdam: The airdam gets bigger or lets, rather, say wider.
- Fog Lamps: The fog lamps housing is re-carved, though, they (fog lamps) retain their circular shape.
- Front Bumper:The front bumper is modified to accommodate the above mentioned changes.
- Integrated Indicators: Though not on this variant, the top of the line variants get turn indicators integrated into the ORVMs (Outside Rear View Mirrors). Till now they were just adjustable.
- Colors: Interested customers will have added option of at least a couple of new colors – Grey and Blue.
- Touchscreen Multimedia System: Many other cars have it and now SX4 also gets it. A centrally placed (6 or 7 inch) multimedia audio player. In all probability, it will also get in-built GPS navigation functionality. However, this will only be available over the top Z variants and at a premium.
- Dual Tone Interiors: New 2013 SX4 gets dual tone interiors. While the top of the dashboard is black, it gains beige as you go down. As you can see from the pics, door trims and other interior bits are also beige
- Refreshed Door Panels:Maruti has carried over a few bits from the Celebration Edition SX4. The internal door handles are all chrome and the faux wood trim at the door panels is darker in color.
- Electrically Foldable ORVM: The outer Rear View Mirrors get an added electric folding functionality. Again, this is only limited to the top of the line variants.
- Knobs & Chrome: The old-era knobs have been carried over on the CNG model. The odd-looking vertical chrome bars placed besides the stereo are also carried over.
There is no change to the rear of the car and it continues to run on the same 1.6L VVT petrol engine and the 1.3L DDIS diesel motor. Both these variants you see here are VXI trims. The new SX4 is the ‘Green’ CNG variant. With so many SX4s standing, the new SX4 could be identified clearly and with the altered new face, there is a sense of broadness to the overall front.
The new SX4 will come in both Manual as well as Automatic Transmission with the latter being limited to only petrol. As in the pics, there is a CNG variant on offer which is limited to the VXI trim. So, will the SX4 woo customers to its showrooms with a new face?
New 2013 Maruti SX4 Facelift Pics