Tata Nano is slowly emerging from being a cheap 1 lakh rupee car to a smart city centric car. The car got power steering in the Twist last year but the real boost may come only once they launch the AMT loaded car called as F-Tronic which will make the car even more practical for bumper to bumper city traffic.
Tata Nano F-tronic Features
Here is a list of changes & features which are expected to be seen in the evolved Nano Twist F-Tronic:
- Apart from an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), the car will also get a bigger fuel tank (for extended range) and an openable rear tailgate. This will allow users to load their shopping into the car easily.
- As per a report on Gaadi.com, the new Nano will also get ‘creep’ function which will allow the car to move ahead at a very slow crawling speed once the brake pedal is released, without touching the accelerator pedal.
- The car will be carrying a re-designed exterior with new smilie shaped bumpers in the front as well as the rear. The rear tailgate will also get a keyhole for opening the tailgate.
- The headlamps are also expected to be blackened to lend a richer look.
- The interiors are also expected to be slightly upmarket with fake wooden inserts. Also expect a new steering wheel like the one seen in the Zest and Bolt.
Nano’s sales have been on the downslide. In the last financial year they managed to clock just 16,901 units which is less than what they sold in the fiscal 2013-14 (21,129 units). Some reports claim that the car is all set for launch and dispatches from Tata’s warehouses have begun!