As stated by Honda at the Tokyo Motor Show, their softroader Vezel is en-route to its 20th December unveiling in Japan. Just a couple of days before the D-Day, numerous Honda Vezels have been spied at Honda’s Suzuka facility courtesy Noticiasautomotivas.com.br.
The Vezel was actually a surprise sprung up by Honda, when all of us were expecting the name Honda CR-U. Here’s a quick reminder list about the Honda Vezel:
- The Vezel is Honda’s answer to the EcoSport, the Duster and the Terrano and internationally to the likes of Nissan Juke among others.
- Honda has been slightly late in entering into this segment.
- The Vezel will carry the 1.5 L i-VTEC petrol motor from the current Honda City. In Japan, there will also be a hybrid version with an electric motor. In India, it is obvious that it will get the 1.5L i-DTEC diesel engine as well.
The Vezel is based on the platform of the new Honda Jazz. The Japanese manufacturer will first usher in the new Jazz in India and it will be followed by Vezel in 2015. The Vezel is a very potent-looking vehicle, and it does have the list of goodies to back that claim.
Here’s the list :
- Headlights with optional LED accents
- Radar-based Automatic Braking System
- Electronic stability Control on all variants
- Automatic Air-Conditioning
- HID Headlights
- Premium Interiors
The original concept on which the Vezel is based was a very radical concept. It appeared as if it was an automobile designer’s souvenir from some faraway lands. The production version has been mellowed down appropriately, and the only remnant from the Concept is the Griffin-shaped tail-lamp cluster design. Practicality has been endowed in the form of ergonomic driving seats and foldable rear seats to increase the luggage-carrying capacity.
Going by simple back-of-the-envelope calculations for currency conversion, the Honda Vezel could be priced somewhere around the Rs 10-15 Lakh price bracket. We don’t expect it to be present at the Auto Expo 2014 in February however we will be pleasantly surprised if Honda proves us wrong.
Also Check Out: List of all Upcoming Honda Cars in India