Few years back, Mahindra & Mahindra was going hand-in-hand with Renault in the Indian auto market. Their joint product Logan failed to set the profits soaring and finally both the automakers parted ways.
And the fight for supremacy continues in Brazil as both Duster and EcoSport slug it out for the honor of the top selling utility vehicle.
Renault Duster was one compact SUV which easily stood out as the most anticipated and best performing car for last year. Since its launch, Duster has been scorching the sales charts with some mind-boggling numbers leaving others in the segment absolutely bamboozled!
There were a few reports towards the end of last year that Renault is planning to introduce a smaller (than Pulse) hatch in India.
If a car clicks in India, its just clicks until another one clicks in the same segment to null this click! Just a few minutes back we shared with you how Renault India has increased almost Rs 1 Lakh on its Duster over a period of 9 months.
So the biggest blockbuster launch for last year was easily Renault’s Duster. The compact SUV that made sweeping waves across the nation is still one of the largest sellers in its segment.
If there was one car that change the fortunes of Renault in India, that was, without doubt, the Duster. It, single handedly took Renault over many older and more experienced competitors in India.
It was a close fight for supremacy between both the EcoSport and Duster in Brazil initially, the market where they exist in tandem. But it seems to have found an answer finally.
We all are eagerly waiting for Nissan’s budget brand – Datsun to set foot in India and the official unveiling is expected to take place in July with the launch scheduled next year.
The new Ecosport has already made way into Brazil and the fight for supremacy against the arch rival Duster is underway and has just been growing by each passing month.
It was highly anticipated that Dacia, a Renault budget brand, would introduce the new facelifted Duster at the ongoing Geneva Auto Show.
Most Read Articles
- - Surprise: Honda's compact SUV coming next year
- - Now VW preparing an EcoSport Rival – Taigun is India bound!
- - List of all Tata's upcoming launches for 2013 & 2014
- - Four Reasons Why EcoSport Should Be Priced Sensibly
- - List Of All Upcoming Fiat Launches
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Exclusive: Skoda Fabia Caught With New Logo Badges In Pune
- - List of All Upcoming and Available Automatic Hatchback Cars in India
- - Breaking: TATA Nano Diesel Caught Again – Interior Pics Included
- - Loads Of Pictures Of Honda Brio Amaze
Read what we have posted earlier
Most Trending Articles
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- - MB Xclusive: 4X4 Mahindra Quanto Caught Testing in Pune
- - Here is the Facelifted Aria With Automatic Gearbox
- - 180bhp Fiat Punto Abarth Evo EsseEsse Caught In India
- - Renault Duster 4WD Spotted in India
- - India bound Jeep Cherokee unveiled[28 pic gallery]
- - Did you know: Renault Duster has gone I lakh dearer since launch