2017 Dzire will come with a lot of changes. We reveal some sneaking bits…
Of late, you must have seen a lot of spy pictures of the 2017 Maruti Dzire facelift doing rounds in the media. We first hesitated to believe that the heavily camouflaged test mule is the new Dzire but after various internal discussions we were convinced about its whereabouts and hence MotorBash carried out the story a day later.
Now with a bulkier looking body (because of that camouflage) will the company finally bring the bigger 1.4-litre mill in the Swift family? To answer this we decided to dig deeper. Our secret Miss Marple, who has so far revealed several accurate bits, has shared some interesting details about the car. Here is what you do not know about it yet…but will, now….
2017 Dzire: New Sneaking Bits
- The exterior will majorly be new. Both the bumpers will be redesigned comprehensively.
- The 2017 Dzire will follow a the new design philosophy which is bolder and sportier.
- The front grille will get a new layout with several horizontal slits.
- Powering the new Swift Dzire will be the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel (sourced from Fiat) mills. However, they will be tuned differently.
- The new Dzire will be more fuel efficient than the present version.
- That’s not all the car is going to get a new chassis. Unlike what a lot of people have reported, it won’t be the one seen in the Baleno.
- Emphasis is on reducing weight and it is expected to be lighter than the current model. This will help in boosting the car’s performance.
- Transmission options shall continue to be the same…
Dzire is the largest selling sub 4-metre compact sedan and has a long history to live up to. Intense competition is definitely affecting the company and with a new design, it will be a big task for Maruti to maintain the momentum. With the Baleno and Brezza, it becomes abundantly clear that Maruti has been playing too safe with their designs but we hope their upcoming designs will flaunt some flamboyance.
We are constantly trying to dip deeper and see if we get some more dope on the upcoming car. Till then, stay tuned!