Update: Hyundai Grand i10 has been launched in India at Rs 4.29 Lakh. Click here for all details
Days before its official launch, the product brochure of Hyundai Grand i10 has been leaked over the web. Thanks to CarSizzler, we have a confirmation of the various official specifications of the Hyundai Grand i10.
Clearly indicated on the brochure are the two engine options for the Hyundai Grand i10 :
- 1.2 Litre Kappa Dual VTVT Petrol Engine
- 2nd Generation 1.1 Litre U2 CRDi Diesel Engine (First for India)
The biggest mystery was surrounding the official specifications of the diesel engine since Hyundai kept it as a closely guarded secret.
Here are the official specifications of the 2nd Gen 1.1L U2 CRDI Diesel engine:
- Configuration: 3 cylinder
- Displacement: 1120cc
- Maximum Power: 71PS at 4000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 160Nm between 1500-2750 rpm
Also, the 1.2L Kappa2 motor also gets dual VTVT like the i20. The current i10 1.2 gets single VTVT. As a result, power figures of Grand i10 are increased by 3PS to 83PS and the torque goes upto 11.6kgm ie 114Nm from 112Nm of the current i10 1.2. However the respective rpm figures remain the same.
Hyundai i10 vs Grand i10 Dimensions
- Length: Grand i10 at 3765mm is 180mm longer than regular i10
- Width: Grand i1o at 55mm wider than i10
- Height: Grand i10 at 1520mm is 30mm shorter than i10
- Wheelbase: Grand i10 at 2425mm has a 45mm longer wheelbase than i10
Five variants of the Hyundai Grand i10 are also mentioned. They are :
- Hyundai Grand i10 Era
- Hyundai Grand i10 Magna
- Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz
- Hyundai Grand i10 Asta
- Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O)
This goes against an earlier report that the base ‘Era’ will not be present. It has been explicitly mentioned that both diesel and petrol will start from Era trim.
Notable features of the Grand i10:
- Tachometer, immobilizer, body colored bumpers, dual tone Beige and Black interior key color, front power windows are standard across trims
- Front Fog Lamps from Magna onwards (Era misses out)
- Smart Key in Sportz, Asta and Asta (O) (Magna & Era miss out)
- Reverse Parking Sensors from Sportz onwards (Era & Magna miss out)
- Airbags for both driver and passenger on the front in Asta (O) (No airbags on any other variant, surprisingly)
- Special Diamond-Cut Wheels in Asta (O)
- Music System from Sportz onwards; Asta and Asta (O) get 1 GB of internal memory
- Steering Mounted Audio controls on Asta and Asta (O)
- Chilled glovebox from Sportz onwards (Era, Magna miss out)
- Push button for Start/Stop and Tilt Steering from Sportz onwards (Era, Magna miss out)
- Driver Seat Height Adjuster in Asta and Asta (O)
Hyundai Grand i10 Color Options:
You will have an option to chose from a list of 8 color options:
- Golden Orange
- Phantom Black
- Silky Beige
- Sleek Silver
- Twilight Blue
- Pure White
- Wine Red
That is quite an impressive feature list! However, there is no specific mention of the Hyundai Grand i10 featuring an automatic tranny. But interestingly, under Warning Indicators, Hyundai mentions Gear Shift (MT Only). This gives us a hint that Hyundai will launch it sometime later.
Grand i10 Spied on the Roads
In another development, the Hyundai Grand i10 has been spied again before its launch. The pictures you see here are courtesy MAS, a member of Team-BHP, who caught this Grand i10 on his way back from Ambur.
Grand i10 Launch
The Grand i10 is essentially a beefed-up version of the Hyundai i10. It would suit those who are looking for more space and comfort as compared to an i10, however aren’t eager to go for the i20. The availability of a Hyundai’s smallest diesel option further increases the prospects. The Hyundai Grand i10 will be launched on the 3rd of September.
Join us then for a detailed coverage from the launch venue…