As India looks in anticipation, Ford’s upcoming revelation, EcoSport will be launched in China on March 19th. Ford has recently launched the Kuga SUV in China.
In China, EcoSport will be launched by Chang’an-Ford joint venture company and will come with two petrol engines. The 1.0L Ecoboost turbocharged which is capable of producing 125hp of power and a handsome 170Nm of torque. The other 1.5L engine produces 110hp power and 140Nm of torque.
Transmission duties will be done by 5-speed manual and a 6-speed powershift automatic gearboxes. Its the 1.5L petrol motor that gets the autobox whereas the 1.0L Ecoboost gets only the manual option. Ford has already revealed prices of EcoSport which starts at 94800 yuan which is approximately 8.27 Lakh in INR and the top of the line is priced at 129800 yuan which is Rs 11.32 Lakhs approx. EcoSport in China will be available in 7 color options – Black, White, silver, grey, red, orange and blue.
It is speculated with an earnest hope that Ford is preparing for a shocking pricing in India which might even start at something around Rs 6 Lakhs. We do not expect Ford to launch the Powershift autobox in India on the EcoBoost and there are all good chances that the duties might be handed over to Fiesta’s 1.5L petrol mill. In India, EcoSport will also get a 1.5L diesel mill from Fiesta. China will get it, Nepal is all set to get the made in India EcoSport, but somehow Ford has delayed its Indian innings for reasons best known to them.
We do not have any concrete information on EcoSport’s Indian launch but Ford has invited the media for some ‘Important’ announcement on 15th March. Let’s see if this has something related to the most awaited EcoSport.
For our complete coverage of EcoSport, Click Here
|Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Absolutely FREE!|
You Might Also Like
Most Read Articles
- - Surprise: Honda's compact SUV coming next year
- - Now VW preparing an EcoSport Rival – Taigun is India bound!
- - List of all Tata's upcoming launches for 2013 & 2014
- - Four Reasons Why EcoSport Should Be Priced Sensibly
- - List Of All Upcoming Fiat Launches
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Exclusive: Skoda Fabia Caught With New Logo Badges In Pune
- - List of All Upcoming and Available Automatic Hatchback Cars in India
- - Breaking: TATA Nano Diesel Caught Again – Interior Pics Included
- - Loads Of Pictures Of Honda Brio Amaze
Read what we have posted earlier
Most Trending Articles
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- - MB Xclusive: 4X4 Mahindra Quanto Caught Testing in Pune
- - Here is the Facelifted Aria With Automatic Gearbox
- - 180bhp Fiat Punto Abarth Evo EsseEsse Caught In India
- - Renault Duster 4WD Spotted in India
- - India bound Jeep Cherokee unveiled[28 pic gallery]
- - Did you know: Renault Duster has gone I lakh dearer since launch